sequential figure numbering

Albright-2
Hi. I notice that when I start a new chapter, the figure
number gets reset. I mean, the first figure in chapter
2 is "figure 1", no matter how many figures there were
in chapter 1. I would rather have the figures numbered
sequentially through the whole book.

But I have no idea how to do this. Any advice would be
welcome.
--
William Seager
University of Toronto Scarborough
www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~seager

Re: sequential figure numbering

Enrico Forestieri
William Seager writes:

> Hi. I notice that when I start a new chapter, the figure
> number gets reset. I mean, the first figure in chapter
> 2 is "figure 1", no matter how many figures there were
> in chapter 1. I would rather have the figures numbered
> sequentially through the whole book.
>
> But I have no idea how to do this. Any advice would be
> welcome.

This is a FAQ:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=running-nos

--