"Could not remove temporary directory..."

"Could not remove temporary directory..."

bigblop-2
When I close LyX (1.5.5 for winXP) I always get the message:

"Could not remove temporary directory C:/Documents and Settings/bob..."

twice. I just click ok each time and they disappear, but is there someway to fix this?

Re: "Could not remove temporary directory..."

Paul A. Rubin
bigblop wrote:
> When I close LyX (1.5.5 for winXP) I always get the message:
>
> "Could not remove temporary directory C:/Documents and Settings/bob..."
>
> twice. I just click ok each time and they disappear, but is there someway to
> fix this?

That typically means that some other program is using the temp
directory.  If you view a document from LyX (View -> DVI, View -> PDF
etc.), you have to close the viewer before you close LyX, or else you
get this message.  Clicking ok will get rid of the message, but there
are orphaned directories accumulating (unless you delete them manually,
or use a cleaner program that sweeps them away).

/Paul

Re: "Could not remove temporary directory..."

weigiho
Hello:
    When I close LyX (2.0 in Windows-8), I always get the message: "Could not remove temporary directory ....", EVEN I  ALREADY CLOSE THE VIEWER FIRST. Any idea about how to fix thus problem? Thanks.

Re: "Could not remove temporary directory..."

kevinea
I have the same issue. Lyx 2.1, Windows 8.1, Adobe Reader.