noindent for abstracts?

bigblop-2
I have made an abstract in my .lyx file. But I can't seem to disable indention in the created pdf. If I use a line break the following line is indented, how do I disable this?

Re: noindent for abstracts?

Waluyo Adi Siswanto
Use ERT (Insert-TeX code) \noindent before you type any sentence in a new paragraph.
Is that what you want ???

/Adi

I have made an abstract in my .lyx file. But I can't seem to disable
indention in the created pdf. If I use a line break the following line is
indented, how do I disable this?

www.yahoo7.com.au/mail

Re: noindent for abstracts?

bigblop-2

<quote author="Waluyo Adi Siswanto">
Use ERT (Insert-TeX code) \noindent before you type any sentence in a new paragraph.
Is that what you want ???

Yes but I would like to avoid using ERT. In settings its possible to disable indention and specify vertical skip instead. This seems to work fine for all paragraphs but not forthe abstact environment.

Re: noindent for abstracts?

Jürgen Spitzmüller-2
bigblop wrote:
>> Use ERT (Insert-TeX code) \noindent before you type any sentence in a new
>> paragraph.
>> Is that what you want ???
>
> Yes but I would like to avoid using ERT.

Edit->Paragraph Settings: uncheck "Indent Paragraph".

Jürgen

Re: noindent for abstracts?

bigblop-2
That is already unchecked. The problem is that when I type the abstract its actually indented. But when I make I line break the next line starts a bit more to the left than the above abstract.

Jürgen Spitzmüller-2 wrote
bigblop wrote:
>> Use ERT (Insert-TeX code) \noindent before you type any sentence in a new
>> paragraph.
>> Is that what you want ???
>
> Yes but I would like to avoid using ERT.

Edit->Paragraph Settings: uncheck "Indent Paragraph".

Jürgen

Re: noindent for abstracts?

Jürgen Spitzmüller-2
bigblop wrote:
> That is already unchecked. The problem is that when I type the abstract its
> actually indented. But when I make I line break the next line starts a bit
> more to the left than the above abstract.

Please post a minimal example file.

Jürgen

Re: noindent for abstracts?

JonathanRobinson325
I've had this same problem and inserting \noindent in math input would not work for me. However, I was overthinking it. Put your cursor in front of the first word in your abstract, probably anywhere actually. Then left click and to paragraph setting. Simply uncheck the box that says intent paragraph! Hahaha this does the job and only effects the abstract.
Hope this helps whoever has this issue in the future!