lyx could not be closed because documents are being processed by lyx

lyx could not be closed because documents are being processed by lyx

langemann
I get this error message when accidentally trying to compile an empty document:
“Lyx could not be closed because documents are being processed by Lyx”
After this I cannot compile or preview any documents until I manually end Lyx through task manager and restart. Lyx doesn’t hang or anything though…
Lyx version: 2.0.3
One with the same problem but with a different cause:
http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18594

Does anyone have a sollution, or should it be reported somewhere?

Re: lyx could not be closed because documents are being processed by lyx

khaume
I have just now experienced the same issue with Lyx 2.0.5.

In my case I have a master document with 7 children, some of them containing an additional 3 layers of children.
I get the problem described in your link, where nothing happens when I want to view the output with the "View" command in Lyx. Nothing happens, and I can continue working, saving and everything, I just cannot get any view/output, and the buttons become blocked. I cannot close lyx, because of your described error message.

For some reason, coincidence?, my compilation works only if all children have the same document class as the master. Previously it just warned me about the difference and continued as normal, now the above happens. Perhaps because I added a 2 layers of children. Maybe it cannot determine the document class of so many layers and it just stops without error.. ?

I see your document is empty, so I don't know why it hangs, just wanted to share my experience.