.layout file not detected

Ital
I've created a .layout file and placed it under C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.0\layouts (in Windows). But after reconfiguring, Lyx doesn't show the class document in the drop-down list.

Also, when I try to access the .layout file by clicking "Local Layout" and browsing to its location, Lyx doesn't show me the .layout file (I see it's there using Windows Explorer).

I don't know if this is related but the type of the .layout file is text and I see builtin .layout files have type LAYOUT.