amsart.cls missing in Lyx. How to fix this?

amsart.cls missing in Lyx. How to fix this?

quantum2000
Hello,

I have opened with my laptop a lyx file that I created in another computer, and I am told that I cannot compile this file until I install the amsart.cls.

I have downloaded it but I have no idea how to install it. I looked into the Lyx help, section 3.2.2 and so forth, but it appears that the process is not trivial, with lots of tiny exceptions and links to other documents and so on. I'd rather avoid spending 10 hours to figure out how to install this .cls file if someone has gone through this already... any help about this is very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance