Timeout of pdflatex?

baaldg
Hi,

I have a small problem with LyX to which I was unable to find an answer.
I am writing my Ph.D. thesis with LyX. The document has grown quite large with lots of figures, references and equations. If I try to create a .pdf of the whole document using pdflatex a message appears several times which says:

The command
pdflatex -synctex=-1 "Thesis.tex"
has not yet completed.
Do you want to stop it?

I have to click "Let it run" several times to complete the document. It is really annoying. However, it only happens if I create the whole document. The individual chapters can be created without this message appearing. Thus, I think it is a timeout and has something to do with the size of the document.

Is it possible to increase or even disable the timeout for pdflatex?

Best wishes,
Christian

Re: Timeout of pdflatex?

Mike Hull
I am also having the same problem with a big thesis and pdflatex in Lyx...
Any advice would be welcome....