Shaded Tables?

uudruid74
Can LyX do shaded backgrounds in tables?  I want to shade every other line (like old mainframe computer paper) so that large tables are easier to read.   Can it do this without manually formatting every line?  Or would it be easier to use a spreadsheet app and then print to a file and import it as a big graphic?  Some combination of printer filters should give me an EPS or whatever I could bring in.

Comments?  Ideas?  Suggestions?