Referencing and Citation

Wesley Doorsamy
Hi All,

I am using the generated bibliography and alter my references externally. The problem is that the order of the references are not consistent with the documents citations i.e. the first reference I cite should be listed first in my generated references.

I have tried placing them in alphabetically order in my external document, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions? I am using Lyx 2.03.

Re: Referencing and Citation

Rob H
You need to rescan the bib database - click on where you have the link in your document, choose settings, choose the database then choose rescan

Re: Referencing and Citation

anna
Hi All,
sorry if I intruding you with very foolish question, but...
I'm writing my PhD thesis with Lyx 2.03 and I am not so able.
As concerns cross-reference, it uses capital letters for Figures, Equations and Tables, but small letters for chapters, sections and subsections.
I could write by my own the words "Chapter", "Section" and so on, but if I simply use <reference> the result is:
Section section 4.1
If I use Format, same result is obtained for Section, no change for subsection.

What can I do?

Thank you so much

anna