My created My created vector graphics ⚓ symbol inputs to LyX but does not export to PDF XeTex

My created My created vector graphics ⚓ symbol inputs to LyX but does not export to PDF XeTex

Vilis
I have banged my head for hours against all of your instructions on how to get my ⚓ to export from LyX to PDF XeTex.
Try it, you'll like it, but tell me in noob terms step by step how to get it to appear in my .pdf document output.
In the place in my text where I insert  ⚓ in LyX, the symbol ⊠ appears in the .pdf output.
Your help is appreciated.

Vilis' free anchor symbol. This is a text character which I created in vector graphics (scalable) for text editors and word processors such as Libre Office Writer (.odt) or Microsoft Word (.doc)

⚓ ⚓

Thanks,
Vilis

Re: My created My created vector graphics ⚓ symbol inputs to LyX but does not export to PDF XeTex

Vilis
I found the solution accidentally through Google at the following link addressing my problem. Thank you Kornel Benko for the solution. I had no way to reply to you using my system.

A workaround could be
preamble:
        \input{dingbat.sty}

in Text (ERT) \anchor

The anchor abbeared in HUGE size in LyX, but I was able to reduce this size to normal by highlighting the ERT box and using Text Style Customized, and then selecting the smallest font size available: "tiny". This reduced the size of the anchor to normal size in my text. So this workaround completely fixed my problem, thanks to Kornel Benko.

https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg105363.html