My created My created vector graphics ⚓ symbol inputs to LyX but does not export to PDF XeTex

My created My created vector graphics ⚓ symbol inputs to LyX but does not export to PDF XeTex

Vilis
I have banged my head for hours against all of your instructions on how to get my ⚓ to export from LyX to PDF XeTex.
Try it, you'll like it, but tell me in noob terms step by step how to get it to appear in my .pdf document output.
In the place in my text where I insert  ⚓ in LyX, the symbol ⊠ appears in the .pdf output.
Your help is appreciated.

Vilis' free anchor symbol. This is a text character which I created in vector graphics (scalable) for text editors and word processors such as Libre Office Writer (.odt) or Microsoft Word (.doc)

⚓ ⚓

Thanks,
Vilis