LyX (Windows) Math Symbols do not display (font problem?)

LyX (Windows) Math Symbols do not display (font problem?)

magneez
Hi all,
there seems to be no relevant documentation about this issue at least for Windows users (in my case Windows XP pro SP3 32bit). When installing on different machines, some math symbols are not displayed (the "\latexcode" is displayed instead). E.g. on my latest try the following symbols were not displayed:
\asymp
\models
\succ
(there are many more examples)

the source for that part was simply:
$\asymp\models\succ$

And all I see in Lyx is:
"asymp \models succ" (without quotes and in the familiar brown color font reserved for un-WYSIWYG'ed symbols)

Just to stress the weirdness, the following symbols ARE all displayed correctly (here is the source code):
$\left\{ \Uparrow\nu\angle\precsim\supsetneqq\right\} $

I have installed (in windows system) all the Bakoma fonts that are located in \Resources\fonts, reinstalled Lyx countless times, installed full MikTex separately, and did all updates for it.

On other machines, strangely enough, I have the same problem - but with DIFFERENT symbols...

does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening?

thanks!

Re: LyX (Windows) Math Symbols do not display (font problem?)

romeito
I got the same problem.
Found the solution, described here
http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9714&p=55992#p55992
You need to install ttf-lyx package, using synaptic or your favorite tool.
regards