Latex error: Environment subequations undefined

Latex error: Environment subequations undefined

HL2050
Hello, I used "\begin{subequations}"  and "\end{subequations}" to have equations in between. It worked on my two earlier research papers using LyX 1.6 mac os snow leopard. But suddenly the same way stopped working in a new LyX file. I just can't figure it out. No clue at all. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Re: Latex error: Environment subequations undefined

hubert_cumberdale
HL2050 wrote
Hello, I used "\begin{subequations}"  and "\end{subequations}" to have equations in between. It worked on my two earlier research papers using LyX 1.6 mac os snow leopard. But suddenly the same way stopped working in a new LyX file. I just can't figure it out. No clue at all. Can anyone help. Thanks.
You just have to uncheck the box "Use AMS math package automatically" and then check "Use AMS math package" in Document -> Settings... -> Math Options. Then Apply. Worked for me in LyX 2.0.3 with "article (SPIE Proceedings)" Document Class.