LaTeX Error: File 'bibtopic.sty' not found.

LaTeX Error: File 'bibtopic.sty' not found.

janeruthh
Hi,

I've searched all over for a solution to this but apologies if it's a silly thing!

I'm trying to use the IEEEtrans class and bib style, so not even sure why/what/where this 'bibtopic.sty' file is but no matter what I do I can't get rid of the error.

->I've seen posts about having to install texmf-live associated with the error but it's all installed long ago.
->Because it's a bib error I've tried putting the IEEE bst and bib files all over the place (thinking I've installed them wrong) but they don't really seem to be the issue.

I'm running lyx 2.0.1
in Ubuntu 10.04,
IEEEtrans.cls in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ (seems to work correctly),
IEEEtrans.bst in usr/share/texmf-texlive/bibtex/bst/,
IEEEfull.bib and IEEEabrv.bib in usr/share/texmf-texlive/bibtex/bib
texhash, lyx reconfigure run and lyx restarted all many times

LaTeX Error: File `bibtopic.sty' not found.

?  thanks!

Re: LaTeX Error: File 'bibtopic.sty' not found.

Paul Rougieux
Installing texlive-bibtex-extra should fix this issue.