Is there a good way of having math macros in the default template?

Is there a good way of having math macros in the default template?

trefoils
Hi everyone,

Suppose that I have a set of math macros that I would like to include automatically in every document I create. Simply having them in the default latex preamble won't inform the math editor about them, so I would prefer to have them inside the document. When I insert them into the default template they do appear in new documets, but every time I press the button "Save as Document Defaults" the default template gets overwritten and the text gets lost.
So is there a good solution to this?
A related question: is there a way to #include, rather than copy, my macros into other documents, in such a way that changes to a single file Macros.lyx would affect other documents automatically?