Installing packages in Lyx

plaerc
Hello, everyone,

I am trying to install a package in Lyx. I have Lyx 2.02 and my OS is Ubuntu 12.4.
The problem is that I don't know how to install a package in Ubuntu, and I can't find clear information about that in the internet. I need someone who can explain it to me step by step; the information I have found until now is very difficult to understand. Some people say I have to use texlive, but I although I have it installed can't find the program afterwards. And I find difficult to understand the manual installation of packages.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!!
Cris

Re: Installing packages in Lyx

Joey
Sorry, wish I could help you but I have the same problem. Since I downloaded the latest version even the supplied tutorial only loads after warnings that I need other files to do certain things. About three of them. I could uninstall the program but won't because I like so many things about it. Not the same things the brainiacs here like, but things like putting notes and even files right in the page and being able to link across files. It is very handy if say you want to write about music for example and can put your comments on a particular song in an easily collapsible note. Sure would like to be able to download and install the files it says I'm missing though. Could easily get the file names, but where to put them and how to install them???