Indented Paragraphs vs. \raggedright

Jonathan Ryshpan
When I put "\raggedright" in the preamble, and set
        Document->Settings->Text Layout->Separate Paragraphs
        to "Indentation",
paragraphs are not indented.  Using "Vertical Space" instead of
"Indentation" works OK.

Why is this?  How can I get paragraphs to indent, using LyX, when
ragged right is desired?

Thanks - jon

Re: Indented Paragraphs vs. \raggedright

Uwe Stöhr
Jonathan Ryshpan schrieb:

> When I put "\raggedright" in the preamble, and set
> Document->Settings->Text Layout->Separate Paragraphs
> to "Indentation",
> paragraphs are not indented.

\raggedright forces that all lines are set to the left margin, so indendation would break this rule.

regards Uwe

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 01:03 +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Jonathan Ryshpan schrieb:
>
> > When I put "\raggedright" in the preamble, and set
> > Document->Settings->Text Layout->Separate Paragraphs
> > to "Indentation",
> > paragraphs are not indented.
>
> \raggedright forces that all lines are set to the left margin, so
> indendation would break this rule.

Thanks very much.  Is there some way to get a ragged right other than
using \raggedright, so that it would be possible to have a ragged right
and indented paragraphs?

jon

Re: Indented Paragraphs vs. \raggedright

Enrico Forestieri
Jonathan Ryshpan writes:

> Thanks very much.  Is there some way to get a ragged right other than
> using \raggedright, so that it would be possible to have a ragged right
> and indented paragraphs?

Try

\raggedright
\parindent=20pt