Importing LATEX sty in Lyx

Alauda
Dear Lyx community,

I am new to Lyx. I need to install a latex style (.sty) which uses the article class in Lyx. I do the following:
(1) Copy article.layout into /home/chris/.lyx/layouts.
(2) Rename file to ametsoc.layout
(3) Edit file according to documentation:
#   \DeclareLaTeXClass[article, ametsoc.sty]{article (ametsoc)}

Preamble
     \usepackage{ametsoc}
EndPreamble

(4) Tools -> Reconfigure and re-start Lyx.
(5) Open new document, go to settings and look for article(ametsoc).

Problem: article(ametsoc) does not appear. This does not surprise me since I did not tell Lyx where to find my ametsoc.sty. The documentation does not explain that either. I tried different things (e.g. copy ametsoc.sty to "/home/chris/.lyx/layouts" or and add the path "/home/chris/.lyx/layouts" to "styFiles.lst") but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
Chris

PS: You can find the respective files at:
http://www.ametsoc.org/pubs/journals/manuscripttemplates.html

Re: Importing LATEX sty in Lyx

Alauda
OK, got it:
(1) Make sure you have: /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/ametsoc/ametsoc.sty
(2) sudo texhash
(3) Reconfigure and Re-start.