I screwed up my LyX install

uudruid74
I had about 1300+ fonts on my system that was causing serious problems, and after getting frustrated with font managers that don't work, I did it manually and dumped most of the fonts to a separate directory.  Anyway, it would seem LaTeX is now mad at me.

I'm using the XeTeX backend to allow non-TeX fonts from LyX (checkbox in Document->Settings->Fonts), but I'm actually using tex fonts (from the tex-gyre package - really like these).  What's odd is that if I turn off the checkbox, it works, actually using the same fonts!  I want the option to use different fonts though, so I want to keep that button on.  What did I break?  And can anyone suggest a fix - I've tried reinstalling the fonts and fontconfig, and xetex, and none of that helped.  What's next?

Here's the error (sorry about the wrapping - thats the way LyX pasted it) ...

! Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular]:mapping=tex-text at 10.0pt not loadab

le: Metric (TFM) file or installed font not found.

<to be read again>

relax

l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,

so I will ignore the font specification.

[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]

You might try inserting a different font spec;

e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.