I cann't "New from template”,

lg21c
I have installed the lyx2.0.3,but I cann't "New from template”,Why?how Should I do.

Re: I cann't "New from template”,

gkinglisboa
Presumably some checks are supposed to be done when the application is started the first time.  In any event, what does appear to happen is...

* The LyX-2.0 folder is created in your home directory:
 ~/Library/Application Support/LyX-2.0

* Inside are subfolders: examples, templates, etc.  However, they are empty.

* The examples, templates, etc are, however, in
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources

* So the first time user needs to copy the desired files into the appropriate subfolder in the LyX-2.0 folder mentioned above.
* Then launch LyX, select Reconfigure, close LyX and restart it.  Then the files will show up.

The problem with the above solution is that there is no information about what should actually be copied over from the Resources folder?  Should everything be copied over?  Or What things should not be copied over?  Ideally, this information should be in the Help doc, but I could not find it.

greg king