How to make LyX use a package installed in Miktex

How to make LyX use a package installed in Miktex

Jaakko the newbie
I just started using LyX, and I have no experience with Latex either. Here is my question:
I installed a new package using Miktex Package manager (actually the one called bussproofs).
Ok. But how do I make use of this in Lyx?

When I tried to write TeX-code in Lyx according to the instructions of bussproofs, like:

\AxiomC{A}
\UnaryInfC{D}
\DisplayProof

and press "view", I get LaTex errors "Undefined control sequence" (three of these actually).
Apparently Lyx has is not yet using the bussproofs package I installed using Miktex package manager? What should I do to fix this? I would appreciate an explanation that a newbie can grasp.

Re: How to make LyX use a package installed in Miktex

Jaakko the newbie
I should mention I already tried the Tools-->Reconfigure button in Lyx. Didn't solve the problem.

Re: How to make LyX use a package installed in Miktex

Jaakko the newbie
I found out the solution:
In Lyx go to Document>Settings>LaTex Preamble
and type the command:
\usepackage{bussproofs}

Re: How to make LyX use a package installed in Miktex

mark attubato
Hi. As with earlier posts on this thread, I am new to LyX and trying to install added features.

I have added \usepackage{siunitx} to the LaTeX preamble. This package is included in my installation of MikTeX. I have reconfigured after adding it closed and restarted. However, when I attempt to use the previewer (eyes), I get the following message:

Error:
LaTeX Error: File `etex.sty' not found.

\relax

*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

I am using MikTeX 2.9 and LyX 2.0 in Windows 7.

Any ideas?