Error Running examples/spreadsheet.lyx file - How to make a spreadsheet inset in LyX?

Error Running examples/spreadsheet.lyx file - How to make a spreadsheet inset in LyX?

00jonjon
Problem

I am aware that there are other ways to insert a Spreadsheet into LyX, but I really want to use the following feature. Using ssconvert.exe, and doing Insert-->File-->External Material, selecting spreadsheet, and then selecting the file using browse, as described in the spreadsheet example file that comes with LyX by default (see "%Your computer user path%\LyX 2.1\Resources\examples" for the file), it is possible to make a spreadsheet inset (inset is defined as an inserted item).

Error

I really want this feature to work, because I could get a lot of use out of it.  However, every time I try to export the file, I get two errors.

The first error to appear is:
An error occurred while running: ssconvert--export-type=Gnumeric_html:latex
"%Path to where the spreadsheet is stored on my computer%"
This appears four times, once for each file in the example

First Error: Can't Find ssconvert.exe

The second error to appear is : (In LyX's LaTeX Errors pane)
LaTeX Error: '%File path to the spreadsheet%', and ***(cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

Second Error: LyX's LaTeX Errors Window

Set-up

I am running LyX 2.1.4 (Released Friday, July 24, 2015) on Windows 10 Home Edition. Gnumeric, Openoffice, and Excel are installed. ssconvert.exe has been placed into my Windows path. I have reconfigured LyX several times. I have restarted LyX several times. I have tried modifying the path of ssconvert in the Tools-->Preferences-->File Handling-->Converters. To no avail.

Related Discussions

I have found several relevant discussions on this matter:

CopyTablesFromSpreadsheets

SpreadsheetExternalInset

Non Stop Modes Error

Original Poster of the Converter

Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and read my post. Know that your help, should you choose to give it to me, will be greatly appreciated.