Custom layout : how can Lyx transfer parameters to LATEX ?

Custom layout : how can Lyx transfer parameters to LATEX ?

Aldus
Hello !

I created a new environment.
I made the new .layout format to be able to enter this environment through Lyx.

Now, I need parameters for my environment.

Is there any mecanism so that I can enter parameters through LyX, that I can transfer to the Latex environment ?

Re: Custom layout : how can Lyx transfer parameters to LATEX ?

Aldus
Hello !

Here is the answer  :

For this, you need to go to the (beta as for now) LyX 2.1.
For details, go to the Customization (Personnalisation en fran├žais) help document and see paragraph 5.3.6 the new portion regarding the "Argument" section.

You can enter the parameters through new items that appears in the menu (Insertion en fran├žais). The parameter then appears in your text in red (like TeX additions) under the name you gave to the parameter (through the LabelString specification).

In the Latex portion of the .layout format file, you can then use the arguments defined by using the syntax #1, #2 etc.

Hope this helps somebody some day !