Cross reference problems

João Santos
Hi,

I am new at LyX and I am trying to write my thesis using it. I have used the thesis template from LyX to start but  I am having a little problem, in the preamble exists the following code:

\AtBeginDocument{%
 \renewcommand{\ref}[1]{\mbox{\autoref{#1}}}
}
\def\refnamechanges{%
 \renewcommand*{\equationautorefname}[1]{}
 \renewcommand{\sectionautorefname}{sec.\negthinspace}
 \renewcommand{\subsectionautorefname}{sec.\negthinspace}
 \renewcommand{\subsubsectionautorefname}{sec.\negthinspace}
 \renewcommand{\figureautorefname}{Fig.\negthinspace}
 \renewcommand{\tableautorefname}{Tab.\negthinspace}
}
\@ifpackageloaded{babel}{\addto\extrasenglish{\refnamechanges}}{\refnamechanges}

Which is used to make the cross reference link bigger by adding a name before the reference number, chapter 2 for instance. However I need that the added words are added in portuguese, and that is my problem as I can't seem to be able to do that.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.