Quantcast

Costumizing Koma script

Guillaume Larocque
Hi, I am very new to Lyx and Latex and I have decided to write my
thesis with Lyx. I use Ubuntu Hardy. I have tried to convert some of
my thesis chapters, which are heavy in equations, from Word to Lyx and
I have had some success with the Grindeq program. I originally wanted
to use the Book(Memoir) document class, but I received a long list of
error messages when compiling to pdf. All errors appeared to be
related to some equation formatting incompatibilities. So I decided to
switch to Book(Koma-Script) and everything compiled rather nicely
without errors, even the equations look ok.

However, there are a few things I don't like about Koma-Script. First
of all, I would like to have the word "Chapter" in front of Chapter
numbers and titles and I would like to have the titles in Roman fonts.
I would also like to have my table captions appear on top of the
tables rather than below. I added the word "tablecaptionabove" in the
options of Document>parameters>document class, but that didn't do
anything.

I have seen some documentation on costumizing Koma-Script in Latex,
but what I need is a tutorial on costumizing document classes in Lyx
in an easy way and in plain english. I haven't found that yet.

Thanks for the info,

Guillaume

Re: Costumizing Koma script

cmiramon
Guillaume Larocque wrote:

> However, there are a few things I don't like about Koma-Script. First
> of all, I would like to have the word "Chapter" in front of Chapter
> numbers and titles and I would like to have the titles in Roman fonts.
> I would also like to have my table captions appear on top of the
> tables rather than below. I added the word "tablecaptionabove" in the
> options of Document>parameters>document class, but that didn't do
> anything.
Look at the Koma-Script documentation

ftp://ftp.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/koma-script/scrguien.pdf

You should look for chapterprefix and setkomafont. The tablecaptionabove
options modify the space after the caption but does not modify where the
caption is printed in your float, you will have to cut&paste to put the
caption above the table.

Cheers,
Charles