Cannot update pdf

oldmankit
I just did a fresh install of Lyx 2.0.5.1 on Windows 7.

I have got a file called 'introductions-handouts.lyx' and when I click on 'view' it fortunately defaults to opening a pdf in my default pdf reader, Foxit reader.  However when I click 'update' I get the following in the error log:

! I can't write on file `introductions-handouts.pdf'.
Please type another file name for output
! Emergency stop.
<to be read again>

I was pretty surprised when searching that more people have not had this problem.  What should I do?

I don't think that closing the pdf file every time I want to update is a solution. When I am making fine typographical changes and update several times in a minute it would get very tiresome.

Cheers!
Kit