Bibtex and quotation marks

butch
Hi to all

I'm new to this forum because I have a problem using Lyx and Bibtex.
Writing my PhD in german I use the following quotation marks in my text: « ». If I export the file to pdf I looks great, no problems.
The problems begin if I include a bibtex-file (created with Bibdesk). All quotation marks written in the bib-file look strange after exporting the file to pdf. They look this way: « or »
I tried different things, I googled, I read websites, I have no clue!
Does anybody out there has an idea what my problem is and how I can solve it?
Thank you.

Regards
Butch